BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
The Guelph office of BDO Canada LLP is seeking a full-time Bookkeeping Technician to join our rapidly growing Outsourcing team. The successful candidate is responsible for providing bookkeeping and accounting services to our clients. Candidates must be adaptable to the multiple demands of the position and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. Our clients include businesses of various sizes in agriculture, hospitality, manufacturing, construction, insurance, the non-profit sector and municipal government. We also service many small businesses and self-employed professionals.
This is a brand new position for the region’s Outsourcing group, where we complete client’s day to day accounting and bookkeeping functions through cloud-based technology. The successful candidate could have the opportunity to progress into a Managerial role within this department. Ideally, we are seeking a candidate who has been in a senior accounting technician role (public practice preferred) and is wanting to take the next step in their career.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work on complex monthly bookkeeping and adhoc assignments
- Advise clients on accounting issues in various industries
- Provide technical and project management leadership to team members for accounting related engagements
- Thorough review of accounting and bookkeeping assignments to ensure professional standards are met
- Assist in the development and delivery of practical business advice for clients
- Ensure staff are meeting all client deadlines
- Effective communication with clients, partners and staff
- Provide coaching and training to staff members
- Prepare or add input towards performance evaluations for staff
- Occasional travel to various BDO offices or client locations is required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- A minimum of 3+ years of progressive, full-cycle accounting experience (prior experience in public accounting is an asset)
- Working accounting knowledge of multiple industries is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Developed oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize, delegate and manage conflicting priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Professional accounting designation is considered an asset
- Strong leadership abilities and experience managing a team is considered an asset
Our Vision: One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
The Elora Centre for the Arts is a charitable arts organization that owns an old school building housing its educational arts programs, two galleries and 10,000 square feet of rental spaces. We...
Close Sales Manager, Candy Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales Posting Date: May 16, 2018 Job...
Requisition Number: 12680 Job Description Cintas is seeking an Office Administrative Professional to support numerous office functions. Responsibilities include accounts receivable, accounts...
Intro Statement It can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it’s an unwavering desire to know about every product and service found within our...
Application Developer Co-op - Fall 2018 - Waterloo-1805950 Description The Business Application & Information Development Services team is looking for a motivated software developer co-op to...
We are currently recruiting for several Summer Student positions in our Milton location. Primary Function: Support the processes and departments specific objectives in our production...
The Elora Centre for the Arts is a charitable arts organization that owns an old school building...
Close Sales Manager, Candy Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Requisition Number: 12680 Job Description Cintas is seeking an Office Administrative...
Intro Statement It can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of...
Application Developer Co-op - Fall 2018 - Waterloo-1805950 Description The Business Application...
We are currently recruiting for several Summer Student positions in our Milton location. Primary...