Working in a centralized Delivery Centre assisting partners in the initiation, preparation and issuing of billings to the firm’s clients. Proactively initiate the preparation of billings to ensure all services are billed on a timely basis and that the investment in client work in progress is kept to a minimum. The role will be the single point of contact for all billing related matters for the assigned Partners and their Engagement Teams.
What you will do
- Review engagement letters to assess billing impacts, including identification of billing schedule, terms, etc.
- Forward request for new engagement numbers to the Processing Centre
- Propose and finalize billing schedules with engagement Partner; setup and maintain schedules in IBS
- Review and edit scheduled draft bills automatically released within IBS and obtain approval for bill issuance
- Regularly review engagements with engagement Partner, proposing those to be billed and determine if ERP changes or closeouts are required
- Forward ERP changes and closeouts to the Processing Centre
- Draft bills for review by the engagement Partner
- Finalize and approve bills within IBS for Partners that have delegated this task to the Billing Specialist
- Review ERP gain/loss during billing process and notify engagement Partner of any risks/issues related to ERP
- Track all bills sent for review or approval to ensure reasonable turnaround time
- Process bill adjustments (credit notes and bill reversals) based on consultations with or instructions from the engagement Partner
- Act as the main contact for Partners, client service staff and admin assistants on all billing-related matters
- Respond to and resolve billing queries or issues on a day-to-day basis
- Proactively recommend changes in billing processes and procedures to make them more efficient and effective
- Collaborate with peers on workload in Delivery Centre team to ensure to ensure consistency and identification of issues, trends or areas that can be optimized
What you bring to the role
- College diploma; finance/accounting diploma preferred
- 3 years’ experience working within a Finance function
- Experience/expertise with a large enterprise resource planning system billing and reporting module, preferably SAP based, in a professional services environment
- Knowledge of financial impacts of invoicing (including credit notes and bill reversals), ERP changes and closeouts
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills: ability to work with complex Excel templates and upload data from enterprise resource planning systems’ billing and reporting modules
- Proactive, self-starter that strives for quality and excellence
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to meet set deadlines
- Ability to multi-task billing/calculations for multiple engagements
- Able to build relationships with all levels of staff easily
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at email@example.com or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.
Job Description We are looking for skilled accounts payable clerks for our clients in Mississauga to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and undertake the payment of...
Logistics Coordinator - WD30053984282 What you will do Assist with coordination of inbound/outbound transportation operations. Enter freight chargeback’s, tracking information and other data into...
Function: Customer Service/Contact Centers Location: , Mississauga, ON CA Date posted: 10/3/2018 1:12:31 PM Type: Full-time Permanent / Contract: Regular Job number: 1066514 Potential Referral...
Validation and Mapping of manufacturing processes Research and source raw material information from legacy sources Analysis of Bill of Materials (BOM) and legacy documentation Creation of Recipes...
Employee Type: Temporary (Fixed Term)-Full time WE= unlimited potential We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own....
Mechanical Designer Co-Op -Winter 2019 - WD30054090274 What you will do Design, test and verify mechanical components & assemblies for intrusion security systems ensuring cost effective, design...
Job Description We are looking for skilled accounts payable clerks for our clients in...
Logistics Coordinator - WD30053984282 What you will do Assist with coordination of...
Function: Customer Service/Contact Centers Location: , Mississauga, ON CA Date posted:...
Validation and Mapping of manufacturing processes Research and source raw material information...
Employee Type: Temporary (Fixed Term)-Full time WE= unlimited potential We didn’t get to be a...
Mechanical Designer Co-Op -Winter 2019 - WD30054090274 What you will do Design, test and...