Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 05/17/2018
Posting Close Date: 05/31/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Central Baggage Services (CBS) primary role is guest recovery for mishandled baggage incidents; delayed /lost, damaged, missing articles. CBS team works closely with airport Baggage Service Offices (BSO) by providing support for escalated baggage incidents and facilitation of baggage movement around the world.
This role plays a critical function on providing a best-in-class guest experience. You will be managing inbound calls and written correspondence with our guests and airports regarding mishandled baggage and lost & found.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage escalated baggage incidents
- Manage baggage files for WestJet Transborder and International airport BSOs
- Mitigate the mishandling of guest’s baggage by communicating with all necessary touch points to safely and quickly route baggage to guest
- Interview guests upon claims of damage and missing articles
- Compose formal written and oral responses to all guest feedback presented to WestJet as it relates to baggage services
- Perform baggage tracing function within NetTracer and WorldTracer systems
- Audit baggage files in NetTracer while identifying the root cause of incident to accurately reflect WestJet Mishandled Baggage Ratio (MBR)
- Keep current on WestJet Domestic Tariffs and Transborder/International Montreal convention as they relate to baggage services
- Communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner with guest, airports and other stakeholders involved
- Actively promotes efficiency in the operation
- Must reside in Calgary; however, the CBS Hiring Team will consider candidates outside of Calgary (remote), if they are fluent in a second language
- Must be able to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English, as well one or more of the following languages - French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin
- Ability to speak, read and write French and/or Spanish will be given preference
- Exceptional guest service skills including the ability to act in a professional manner when handling escalated calls
- Call center experience is an asset
- Experience with conflict management, problem solving and time management
- Net Tracer and World Tracer experience is an asset (airline baggage systems)
- Strong facilitation skills to exchange ideas and information
- Exceptional organizational skills are required
- The ability to work well in a team to problem solve and make business decisions is essential
- Flexibility to work a rotating schedule including early mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
Bellperson (part time) Weekends Primary Location : Canada-Calgary-The Fairmont Palliser Employee Status : Regular Weekend Bellperson A smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as...
We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt Hotels Corporation. We believe our customers select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who work hard to provide efficient service and...
Night Guest Agent (Part time) Primary Location : Canada-Calgary-The Fairmont Palliser Employee Status : Regular Night Guest Agent At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with...
Assistant Front Office Manager Primary Location : Canada-Calgary-The Fairmont Palliser Employee Status : Regular Assistant Front Office Manager Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is...
Must have a passion for the delivery of OUTSTANDING guest service Must provide a drivers abstract and drivers license; must have ability to drive standard transmission Must be in excellent...
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts: Be incredibly friendly & positive Serve & respect others Be smart about your business Enthusiastically...
Bellperson (part time) Weekends Primary Location : Canada-Calgary-The Fairmont Palliser Employee...
We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt Hotels Corporation. We believe our customers select...
Night Guest Agent (Part time) Primary Location : Canada-Calgary-The Fairmont Palliser Employee...
Assistant Front Office Manager Primary Location : Canada-Calgary-The Fairmont Palliser Employee...
Must have a passion for the delivery of OUTSTANDING guest service Must provide a drivers...
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts: Be...