A key member of the Group Life Benefits team, the bilingual Administrative Assistant is responsible for telephone reception and administrative duties for the team.
- Manage incoming inquiries received on the department toll-free line and inbox.
- Set up new claim files and report claim liability.
- Enter claim data on the claims tracking system.
- Open, date stamp, sort and distribute mail.
- Mail cheques, letters (including some typing) and tax forms.
- Issue cheques for advance payments, medical fees, police reports, etc.
- Prepare and mail routine requests for information.
- Maintain and distribute reports.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English.
- Strong keyboarding (50 wpm) and data entry skills required.
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Well-developed organizational, time management and prioritization skills to work to strict deadlines.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- Commitment to actively live our values of putting the customer first in all we do, acting with integrity, building trust and partnership, fostering employee engagement, supporting our communities and committing ourselves to sustainability.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange....
Human Resourse Generalist Location: Winnipeg Job Code: 3997 # of openings: 1 Description Human Resources Generalist Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong...
Territory Manager, Nestlé Health Science -Manitoba-( Job Number: 1900009O) Description Nestlé Health Science is an innovative health science company engaged in advancing the role of nutritional...
We are currently recruiting for office clerks for a short-term contract in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail. A clear...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Collaborative. BE Ambitious. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders. Join our team as a Project Management Intern or Co-op Student in Winnipeg. At Colliers Project...
A Sustainable Protein Company We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the...
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and...
Human Resourse Generalist Location: Winnipeg Job Code: 3997 # of openings: 1 Description Human...
Territory Manager, Nestlé Health Science -Manitoba-( Job Number: 1900009O) Description Nestlé...
We are currently recruiting for office clerks for a short-term contract in Winnipeg, Manitoba....
BE Totally Engaged. BE Collaborative. BE Ambitious. Be all that and more at Colliers Project...
A Sustainable Protein Company We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years,...