Looking for an amazing place to work and play in the Canadian Rockies? Come join our family! Emerald Lake Lodge in Field, British Columbia is looking for a Banquet Manager. Subsidised staff accommodations, meal plan, career growth opportunities and lots of other perks such as staff events and activities, lodge and restaurant discounts and more.
Position: Banquet Manager/Floor Manager
Department: Food and Beverage
Report to: Food and Beverage Manager
Hours: As required – Will work a variety of shifts including evenings and hours will vary based on business levels.
Objective: To provide our guests and staff with exceptional experiences during their time with CRMR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and execute all functions throughout the property
- Manage all set-up and tear-down of function spaces as required
- Ensure guest dietary restrictions and allergies are communicated appropriately with kitchen and guest.
- Attend weekly BEO meetings with all department heads involved with the execution and planning of events.
- Bar setup and stocking with the requirements of the different functions
- All CRMR standards are followed and adhered to by banquet team members.
- Maintaining positive relationship and communication with on-site contacts with respect to events
- Attention to all details during set-up and service to offer an unrivaled experience in the Rockies.
- Quality checking and follow-up with group contacts and guests.
- Clear communication written, verbal and email.
- Recycling policies and sorting are met and followed.
- Monthly inventory of Banquet supplies (Cutlery, Glassware, China, etc.)
- Following all CRMR health and safety policies.
- Inventory and ordering of liquor, beer and wine.
- In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager, scheduling of staff for daily events that meet CRMR guest service standard.
- Assisting F&B Managers with payroll and shared gratuity as well as Mgr tip outs
- Coaching and disciplining staff when needed including training on a regular basis
- Hands on with set up and service of functions and events.
- Ringing in and billing of food, liquor and wine with BEO and consumption
- Balancing monies of cash bar with inventory and sales.
- Complete cash outs for different categories of sales if required
- Preparing gratuity sheet daily after function so as to divide monies fairly to each server.
- During times of low banquet activity, provide operation support to the Food & Beverage Outlets
- Act as a Floor Manager in the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager
- Any other duties as required or communicated by the F&B Manager/Hotel Manager
- Previous F&B Supervisory/Management Experience including Banquets preferably in the hotel/resort setting.
- Degree/diploma is Hotel and Resort Management or similar schooling an asset
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with our guests and Conf. Team.
- Word, Excel and Outlook experience required
- The ability to schedule and work with a team to create a sense of spirit and pride in work
- The ability to pay very close attention to detail in order to provide our guests with the expectations they have with CRMR.
- Must have the ability to work in a team setting while providing professional direction to staff and other Managers in the Dept.
- Must have the ability to handle any guest issues or staffing issues with guidance from the Hotel Manager and HR. if required
- Knowledge of Squirrel (POS) an asset
- Serving It Right certification required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work all shifts and to provide support with all daily service, breakfast, lunch, dinner and banquets when required
- To be able to endure long periods of standing (sitting, bending and lifting may be required)
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Description The Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority is seeking a part-time Customer Service Representative in the Watrous liquor store. This is an entry level opportunity. There are no...
Skills and Abilities Food and Beverage Serving Skills - Advise on menu selections - Serve food and beverages - Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards,...
Description Oungre Regional Park is looking for full-time, part-time, casual and seasonal kitchen helpers. Competitive wages,staff discounts and a great work environment. Workers will need their...
Skills and Abilities Food and Beverage Serving Skills - Advise on menu selections - Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques or room...
Skills and Abilities Work Setting - Fast food outlet or concession - Cafeteria Specific Skills - Organize and manage buffets and banquets - Inspect kitchens and food service areas - Clean kitchen...
Canadian International School Guangxi Gaojie (CISGG) is a Grade 10 - 12 BC Offshore school with campuses in Nanning and Liuzhou, Guangxi Province, China. The school is completing its eighth year...
Description The Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority is seeking a part-time Customer Service...
Skills and Abilities Food and Beverage Serving Skills - Advise on menu selections - Serve food...
Description Oungre Regional Park is looking for full-time, part-time, casual and seasonal...
Skills and Abilities Food and Beverage Serving Skills - Advise on menu selections - Present...
Skills and Abilities Work Setting - Fast food outlet or concession - Cafeteria Specific...
Canadian International School Guangxi Gaojie (CISGG) is a Grade 10 - 12 BC Offshore school with...