Looking for an amazing place to work and play in the Canadian Rockies? Come join our family! Emerald Lake Lodge in Field, British Columbia is looking for a Banquet Manager. Subsidised staff accommodations, meal plan, career growth opportunities and lots of other perks such as staff events and activities, lodge and restaurant discounts and more.
Position: Banquet Manager/Floor Manager
Department: Food and Beverage
Report to: Food and Beverage Manager
Hours: As required – Will work a variety of shifts including evenings and hours will vary based on business levels.
Objective: To provide our guests and staff with exceptional experiences during their time with CRMR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and execute all functions throughout the property
- Manage all set-up and tear-down of function spaces as required
- Ensure guest dietary restrictions and allergies are communicated appropriately with kitchen and guest.
- Attend weekly BEO meetings with all department heads involved with the execution and planning of events.
- Bar setup and stocking with the requirements of the different functions
- All CRMR standards are followed and adhered to by banquet team members.
- Maintaining positive relationship and communication with on-site contacts with respect to events
- Attention to all details during set-up and service to offer an unrivaled experience in the Rockies.
- Quality checking and follow-up with group contacts and guests.
- Clear communication written, verbal and email.
- Recycling policies and sorting are met and followed.
- Monthly inventory of Banquet supplies (Cutlery, Glassware, China, etc.)
- Following all CRMR health and safety policies.
- Inventory and ordering of liquor, beer and wine.
- In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager, scheduling of staff for daily events that meet CRMR guest service standard.
- Assisting F&B Managers with payroll and shared gratuity as well as Mgr tip outs
- Coaching and disciplining staff when needed including training on a regular basis
- Hands on with set up and service of functions and events.
- Ringing in and billing of food, liquor and wine with BEO and consumption
- Balancing monies of cash bar with inventory and sales.
- Complete cash outs for different categories of sales if required
- Preparing gratuity sheet daily after function so as to divide monies fairly to each server.
- During times of low banquet activity, provide operation support to the Food & Beverage Outlets
- Act as a Floor Manager in the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager
- Any other duties as required or communicated by the F&B Manager/Hotel Manager
- Previous F&B Supervisory/Management Experience including Banquets preferably in the hotel/resort setting.
- Degree/diploma is Hotel and Resort Management or similar schooling an asset
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with our guests and Conf. Team.
- Word, Excel and Outlook experience required
- The ability to schedule and work with a team to create a sense of spirit and pride in work
- The ability to pay very close attention to detail in order to provide our guests with the expectations they have with CRMR.
- Must have the ability to work in a team setting while providing professional direction to staff and other Managers in the Dept.
- Must have the ability to handle any guest issues or staffing issues with guidance from the Hotel Manager and HR. if required
- Knowledge of Squirrel (POS) an asset
- Serving It Right certification required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work all shifts and to provide support with all daily service, breakfast, lunch, dinner and banquets when required
- To be able to endure long periods of standing (sitting, bending and lifting may be required)
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posting Job ID: 32451 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: CUPE 116(Auxil.Serv/Trades) Job Category: Food Services - CUPE 116 Classification Title: Auxiliary...
Location: Country Inn & Suites by Radisson 1300 Chesapeake, Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA Do you see yourself as the CEO of the Breakfast Area? Do you enjoy helping others? Do you work well as part of a...
INTERSTATE HOTELS & RESORTS JOB TITLE: Gallery Host (Server) No description for a position can possibly include all duties which may be requested by guest or required by management. The objective...
BASIC PURPOSE : Supervise the employees of the daily Food and Beverage operation to achieve customer satisfaction through professionalism, efficiency, and dynamic quality service. ORGANIZATIONAL...
Dolce is now seeking a Executive Meeting Manager to join our team at the Dolce Silverado location in Napa, California. Job Summary Plans and coordinates details for meetings Complete accurate...
The newly renovated Hotel Indigo in Napa is looking for Hands on General Manger. As a General Manager you will oversee all aspects of the hotel in accordance with Company’s and Brand standards,...
Job Posting Job ID: 32451 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: CUPE...
Location: Country Inn & Suites by Radisson 1300 Chesapeake, Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA Do you see...
INTERSTATE HOTELS & RESORTS JOB TITLE: Gallery Host (Server) No description for a position can...
BASIC PURPOSE : Supervise the employees of the daily Food and Beverage operation to achieve...
Dolce is now seeking a Executive Meeting Manager to join our team at the Dolce Silverado...
The newly renovated Hotel Indigo in Napa is looking for Hands on General Manger. As a General...