Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for highly motivated college students to join our team for a 4 month Co-Op this fall. Teams based in Vancouver. We are planning for a virtual internship program for the Fall 2020 term due to COVID. As an intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate across multi-functional teams. Our goal is both to support your growth and development, empowering you for a successful start to your career.
DSP (Data Stream Processor) I/O team builds, ships and operates DSP as a platform and a product, collecting data as a key service to Splunk on premise and on cloud, with high availability, scalability, security, and development experience in mind. We are responsible for data ingress and egress with a broad range of technologies, including services on various protocols, connectors to integrate with different messaging platforms, cloud workload to pull/push data from/to major cloud providers including Splunk Enterprise Cloud. In addition, we are responsible for the developer ecosystem such as SDK, API, templates, guide, tutorials, etc, to support the first party and third party developers.
As a Back-end Software Engineer Co-Op you will…
- Author new small and/or well-defined programming tasks
- Take time to learn how features work including the existing test automation framework enough to triage, update, and creating new test cases
- Focus on growing as an engineer, learning existing tools, resources, and processes.
- Participate in Sprint review and planning
- Familiarity with one mainstream programming language, such as Go or Java
- Familiarity with test-driven development, writing various levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance / load test
- Familiarity with CI/CD, such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, or Bitbucket pipeline
- Familiarity with modern version control system, such as Git
- You enjoy collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Exposure with cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP. Ideally with certifications.
- Exposure with container technologies, such as Docker. Ideally with container orchestration such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm.
- Exposure with streaming processing platform, such as Flink, Storm or equivalent.
- Experience with messaging system, such as Apache Pulsar, Kafka or equivalent
- Exposure with Splunk software or a similar analytics solution
- Exposure with leading or contributing to open source projects
- Exposure with working in a direct customer facing environment
Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and a strong record of academic achievement.
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk thrives on disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A fun and collaborative environment with many exciting events from interacting with other interns to conversations with our executive leadership team.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
HALT and ESD testing Develop products Test Cases Come work with us at our client, a global leader in the electrical and energy markets. Description: The Test Engineer III develops test...
Job Description Summary The Senior Quality Engineer, Instrumentation role at STEMCELL supports the development and implementation of strategies to maintain the compliance of the Instrumentation...
Job Description Summary The Process Engineer will primarily focus on the execution of capital projects and process development projects, and will assist in engineering related aspects of the...
Job Description Summary The Quality Control Analyst, Microbiology will be part of a dynamic team performing environmental monitoring of cleanrooms, performing and coordinating microbiological...
Brandt is currently seeking a Service Technician for our Smithers location. This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of construction and forestry based equipment and attachments...
Job Description Summary The Process Development Department currently has an opening for a Process Development Associate in the Cell Culture Media group. Reporting to a Process Scientist, the...
HALT and ESD testing Develop products Test Cases Come work with us at our client, a global...
Job Description Summary The Senior Quality Engineer, Instrumentation role at STEMCELL supports...
Job Description Summary The Process Engineer will primarily focus on the execution of capital...
Job Description Summary The Quality Control Analyst, Microbiology will be part of a dynamic team...
Brandt is currently seeking a Service Technician for our Smithers location. This position is...
Job Description Summary The Process Development Department currently has an opening for a...