The role is responsible for planning and conducting assigned financial, operational, compliance and information systems audits to provide reasonable assurance that internal controls are effective, internal and external financial and operating reports are accurate, company assets are safeguarded and effectively and efficiently utilized, and company policies are complied with. The role reports on each audit and recommends corrective action to management of the audited areas.
• Plans, organizes and conducts assigned audits through consultation with management and staff of the audited area based on business objectives, systems, processes, risks and controls.
• Drafts specific audit programs to verify: the reliability, accuracy, effectiveness, efficiency, timeliness and consistency of accounting and operating records, reports, controls and practices; compliance with established policies and procedures, laws and regulations; compliance with accounting standards; the adequacy of accounting for company assets and safeguarding against loss as well as effective and efficient asset utilization.
• Performs specific financial, operational and compliance audit programs. Documents the work done and evaluates the audit results for review by supervisor.
• Discusses specific audit findings with management of the audited area, drafts reports of audit findings and any recommended corrective actions, and monitors management responses.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of: accounting and auditing standards; current management, auditing, and accounting issues, innovations, and concepts; and data analysis techniques and tools.
• Develops and maintains up to date knowledge of company financial and operating policies and procedures.
• Develops and maintains up to date knowledge of the Standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Plans and carries out audits of general information technology controls as assigned.
• Participates in special consulting projects and investigations, both within the company and its associated companies as assigned.
• Works with external auditors on assigned audit projects.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum three (3) years’ experience in financial, operational or computer systems auditing or financial analysis. Graduate CA, CMA, CGA or CPA. Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex accounting concepts and systems.
• Proven oral, written, and listening communication skills.
• Demonstrated abilities in problem solving, analysis, and the practical application of management concepts.
• Proven project management skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
• Computer proficient, with demonstrated ability in the use of spreadsheet, database, and word processing software applications within a Windows based operating environment.
• Information technology audit experience would be an asset.
This is not intended to be a complete list of all the duties and responsibilities required of this role.
Posting Close Date:1/31/2018
Description We are looking for a motivated professional to join our team as an Auditor. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for planning and conducting assigned financial,...
Description Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority is seeking a permanent out-of-scope Senior Internal Auditor. Reporting to the Audit Manager, you will assist the branch with the delivery of...
Junior Auditor - FIN002993 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s) : SK--Regina and Area-Regina Ministry : 023 Economy Salary Range: $30.259 to $36.816 hourly Hourly Salary...
Description The Chief Financial Officer is a dynamic and dedicated professional, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, is a member of the Associations Senior Management Team, and is...
Description Job number: 301-17/18 Location: Regina, Saskatchewan Closing date: February 5, 2018 Division: Internal Audit Language required: English Term: Permanent Collaborative approach...
Manager, Compliance & Optimization - FIN003007 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s) : SK--Regina and Area-Regina Ministry : 018 Finance Salary...
Description We are looking for a motivated professional to join our team as an Auditor. As the...
Description Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority is seeking a permanent out-of-scope Senior...
Junior Auditor - FIN002993 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s) : SK--Regina and...
Description The Chief Financial Officer is a dynamic and dedicated professional, reporting...
Description Job number: 301-17/18 Location: Regina, Saskatchewan Closing date: February 5,...
Manager, Compliance & Optimization - FIN003007 Employment Type: Permanent...