Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Audit Manager for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility.
This Job Posting is for multiple openings available in 2018.
We are currently seeking talented senior level internal auditors with career experience within either large retail bank, wealth management, or in the insurance industries.
This position is an individual contributor role that manages audit engagements. Little to no travel is required.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA AUDIT
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Internal Audit function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Audit team! We are a diversified team of audit professionals, working across all USAA operations, seeing the incredible growth first-hand. USAA Audit Services affords you the ability to see USAA’s Mission in action daily. In this role, you are part of USAA’s noble mission. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
The Audit Manager maintains a high degree of business contact through planning, fieldwork, and reporting often serving as the principal contact for conducting operational, strategic, compliance audits supporting Line of Business, and perform audits within the 3rd line of defense for USAA.
The Audit Manager develops and independently performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements in the field of business operations, finance, and compliance and/or information technology. Audit Managers possesses comprehensive audit, business, and/or information technology knowledge.
The Audit Manager mentors junior staff auditors on audit excellence, to include theory and application of audit and/or business/information technology techniques. Our Audit Managers adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Executes and may lead audit fieldwork on assigned internal audit engagements with limited to no supervision in support of execution of the annual audit plan.
- Manages engagement related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor in Charge (AIC).
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
- Independently performs (and at times, prepares, reviews and leads) special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Mentors others on the use of various business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn.
- Conducts fact finding interviews with client management.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and recommendations for corrective action.
- Drafts the related observations (business issues) and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
- Supports the development of the departmental annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or other relevant field required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of relevant audit experience: Experience could include (Large retail banking (consumer checking/savings, credit cards, consumer credit risk, underwriting, consumer compliance, mortgage, auto loans, etc.), Financial services industry, Insurance Industry, Information Technology or Related business experience)
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls, business/information technology risks and/or audit techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory environment for the financial services industry.
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications.
- 6+ years experience within either a large retail bank, Insurance and/or Wealth Management internal audit departments OR 6+ years as:
- Federal Regulator for banks (FDIC, OCC, Federal Reserve) with experience supervising large banks with assets > $80B
- Top tier firm (Big 4, Protiviti, etc.) with experience auditing or consulting with large banks with assets > $80B
- Preferred designations include CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CFSA (Certified Financial Services Auditor) or other relevant business designation.
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls, compliance (including holistic evaluation of compliance management systems (CMS)), business and information technology risks and/or audit techniques for either large banks, insurance and/or wealth management
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory environment for financial services industry.
- Experience with audit engagement support tools including electronic workpapers.
- Model risk management knowledge.
- Proficiency in the use of data mining and analytic tools for auditing such as ACL and SAS.
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
The Audit Manager is responsible for understanding risk and risk management techniques, to include identifying and analyzing business processes, key risks and controls, and evaluating control design adequacy. Collectively, we are:
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- Able to build effective cross-functional relationships with employees of various levels throughout the organization
- Strong communicators and possess strong presentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Able to effectively work with both internal and external business partners
- Data driven
- Analytical and have strong critical thinking skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
USAA's most valuable resource is our 32,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Full Time position
- Compensation will be $85,000.00 - $115,000.00
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 163,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service...
Senior Compliance Officer, Private Wealth (Chicago) Requisition ID : 18016064 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Compliance Work Location : United States-Illinois-Chicago-181...
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis Location: Holt Renfrew - Toronto - Corporate Store Support Centre (60 Bloor Street West, Suite 1100) Department: Finance Cosmetic/Brand Line: Work...
11411BR Req #: 11411BR Why Us: We are looking for an experienced Night Auditor to join our team! This position will be partial night audit as needed and regular front desk shifts as needed Job...
Bench - Dir-Finance & Accounting - Canada Regional Office (18002AGW), Canada Regional Office, 12 daysHere’s To Your Journey with Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a...
Director, Store Capital Investments Location: Holt Renfrew - Toronto - Corporate Store Support Centre (60 Bloor Street West, Suite 1100) Department: Finance Cosmetic/Brand Line: Work...
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million...
Senior Compliance Officer, Private Wealth (Chicago) Requisition ID : 18016064 Position...
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis Location: Holt Renfrew - Toronto - Corporate Store...
11411BR Req #: 11411BR Why Us: We are looking for an experienced Night Auditor to join our...
Bench - Dir-Finance & Accounting - Canada Regional Office (18002AGW), Canada Regional Office, 12 daysHere’s To Your Journey with Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with...
Director, Store Capital Investments Location: Holt Renfrew - Toronto - Corporate Store Support...