Assistant Manager, Product Development(
: Estée Lauder Companies
: Product Development - R&D
: 1st (Day) Shift
Length of Contract (in months):12
WHO WE ARE
Our Brands: The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The Company’s products are sold in over 150 countries and territories under brand names including: Estée Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lab Series, Origins, Tommy Hilfiger, MAC, Kiton, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Donna Karan New York, DKNY, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, Michael Kors, Darphin, Tom Ford, Smashbox, Ermenegildo Zegna, AERIN, Tory Burch, RODIN olio lusso, Le Labo, Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle, GLAMGLOW, By Kilian, BECCA, and Too Faced. For fiscal 2016, net sales were $11.26 billion and operating income was $1.61 billion. (http://www.elcompanies.com/our-brands )
Our Heritage: Since Estée Lauder founded our Company in 1946 with four cosmetics products and unlimited dreams, we have grown virtually every year on the key principles she established: creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. The Estée Lauder Companies are committed to building world-class brands by developing talented people. We champion a professional organization that emphasizes excellences at every level. Our people are our greatest asset and the success of our company is the result of the talent, passion, and vision of our creative and highly dedicated employees, who set a global standard for innovation, service and quality. The Canadian Supply Chain and Canadian Innovation Centre is at the core of that innovative spirit. (http://www.elcompanies.com/who-we-are/the-lauder-family )
Our Culture & Values: Our culture is often described as a rare mix of family values with a high-performing public company with a mission of “Bringing the best to everyone we touch and being the best in everything we do. This unique mix translates into a caring, collaborative and compassionate workplace that is also demanding – with a competitive spirit that is a powerful source of motivation. Above all else, there is a focus on long-term, sustainable growth which engenders loyalty and commitment from internal and external stakeholders. We are a values-driven organization. Our actions are rooted in the Lauder Family values of respect for the individual, uncompromising ethics and integrity, generosity of spirit and fearless persistence. Building on these core values we also abide by the following principles: http://www.elcompanies.com/who-we-are/culture-and-values .
To learn more about our unique corporate culture in Canada, please visit LinkedIn .
Collaborate with the Senior Management Team in the development of innovative and quality products that align with Corporate Brand strategy and are launched within Marketing Calendar time frames for MAC and EL Corporate Brands.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure Calenderized project launch times are met by tracking first production schedules and partnering with Corporate Product Development teams, Quality Assurance, Operations and R&D to provide First Production onsite support at outside manufacturing facilities for all product categories.
2. Trend Research Team; Analyze mass media resources and internal/external research platforms to forecast beauty trends, consumer buying habits, innovative ingredients/materials, packaging, and technologies being used in the industry. Utilize information gathered to support CIC creative platforms and initiate new development for Estee Lauder Corporate Brands.
3. Collaborate with R&D to initiate development for CIC creative platforms. Create Product Profiles based on development concepts, interesting ingredients/raw materials, and product/packaging technology. Evaluate products at the development stage and provide feedback for possible positioning in Corporate Brand portfolios. Maintain a working document of all Creative Colour shades produced at the CIC to capture and showcase Creative Colour launched in Calendarized MAC programs.
4. Support colour development across all product categories for Calendarized Corporate Brand initiatives. Manage product submissions and development communication from the brand and update as needed.
5. Support Senior Management Team by organizing and maintaining the following: marketing calendars, Calendarized development submissions, Calendarized colour programs, product archives, meeting facilitation, and department supplies. Drive any new projects at the request of Senior Management Team.
6. Manage all production standards for the MAC Brand for colour, foundation, skincare, and MAC Pro categories. Collaborate with QA and TSO groups to ensure production standards are updated every 18 months. Maintain inventory system for continuous product sku’s so that the Product Development Colour Lab is consistent with retail stores and all Product Development standards are consistent with QA production standards.
7. Attend Raw Material Vendor presentations and collaborate with R&D chemists to determine ways to utilize new pigment technology, raw materials, and active ingredients in innovative new products for the Estee Lauder Corporate Brands Portfolio.
8. Work with R&D chemists and Technical Service (TSO) group to approve all lab and pilot production to support various Corporate Brand sampling programs. Distribute samples to various groups as needed. ID, review, and approve PR samples for internal distribution.
9. Provide ongoing colour matching and base textural formulation training to both QA & Operations Departments in all pertinent facilities. Provide the tools and input to support and perfect product application and colour matching at every stage of development.
10. Ensure launch timelines are met by streamlining all TDS coming through the CIC. Collaborate with R&D and AT&D to minimize any delays in the approval process and maintain information sharing between the teams.
11. Work with the team to understand the shade matching criteria and process impacting Pilot, First Production, and Finished Good samples of all corporate Calendarized colour programs to ensure product quality and brand integrity are maintained. Submit pieces of all Calendarized colour programs at all stages to New York Senior Management Team for review.
12. Other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Education Level: College/University Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5 years industry experience
Additional Job Specifications:
Passion for beauty/cosmetics industry
Maintain highest degree of global consumer and competitive industry knowledge
Proficiency in various social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.
Excellent communication and collaborative work ethic
Creative thinking skills
Exceptional time management, and multi-tasking abilities with a critical eye for details and visuals
Ability to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented environment
Microsoft Office and PC literate, in particular strong PowerPoint and Prezi skills
Make-up artistry background an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
iOS Engineers for Consumer Goods, Chemical and Cosmetics sectors at Veeva strive to become the leading applications that our customers use to streamline their operation through the use of digital...
Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Eloqua Cloud R&D-19000DVN Preferred Qualifications System Architect Preferred Qualifications Oracle Marketing Cloud - Eloqua is looking for a passionate and...
What is the opportunity? The Manager, Data Visualization & Design works within the Digital Intelligence Group (DIG) to partner with product managers and business leaders across RBC Personal and...
HSM FX Artist 19WD32278 Americas-Canada-Ontario-Toronto HSM FX Artist Location: Toronto, ON - Canada Job ID: 19WD32278 Position Overview The HSM project and test and report on the user experience...
Excited about cloud technologies? Looking to make a difference helping one of the biggest enterprises in Canada migrate to the cloud? We need you! In this role you will have the opportunity to...
Software Automation Developer - WD30069141105 What you will do A software expert to develop high level framework, scripting and testing tools in the embedded environment for automation. How you...
iOS Engineers for Consumer Goods, Chemical and Cosmetics sectors at Veeva strive to become the...
Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Eloqua Cloud R&D-19000DVN Preferred Qualifications System...
What is the opportunity? The Manager, Data Visualization & Design works within the Digital...
HSM FX Artist 19WD32278 Americas-Canada-Ontario-Toronto HSM FX Artist Location: Toronto, ON -...
Excited about cloud technologies? Looking to make a difference helping one of the biggest...
Software Automation Developer - WD30069141105 What you will do A software expert to develop high...