Location WEST VANCOUVER , British Columbia, Canada
Job Opened 04/17/2018
Education High School Diploma/GED
Job Number 180005EM
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What Is This Position Is All About:
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for driving sales and profit in their identified area of business, supporting overall store performance and achievement of all company objectives; as well as leading and inspiring a high performance team. The ASM is also responsible for supporting a high level of engagement and a people development culture throughout the store.
Who You Are:
• You utilize your strong communication skills to inspire, direct, and lead your team to meet all proposed deadlines
• You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
You Also Have:
• 4 year degree preferred.
• 3+ years of management experience with comparable volume and/or proven track
• record of success managing a selling workforce and achieving results
• Ability to develop, plan and execute strategies to maximize opportunities.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
As The Area Sales Manager – Saks Off 5th You Will:
• Responsible for achievement of Sales, Controllable Profit, EBITDA, Payroll Management, P&L performance, Email Capture rate, Shipping process
Supports the selling and service processes; provides leadership and motivation to team in achieving sales goals, driving omni channel growth and execution of company initiatives
• Monitors store payroll rate and expense; Monitors staffing in his/ her area, ensuring scheduling aligns with overall business needs and traffic flow.
• Develops and retains direct reports, ensuring their readiness for increased responsibilities and providing a bench of internal talent who are upwardly mobile to fill critical positions.
• Manages poor performance and terminations in his/ her area appropriately, in partnership with the
• Employee Relations Service Center and Legal department, to improve overall productivity
Supports achievement of the inventory shortage strategy, results, and concerns, the Store Audit, and communicates policies and procedures to store populations and performance of the team.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
• Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
• Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
• A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
• Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental). An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Job Description Works together with other Team Members to assure that all objectives and goals of the department and store, as communicated by the Store Leadership/Coordinator , are met or...
Start Date: Immediate Position Status: Full Time (30-40 hours per week), Year Round, Salary Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s...
Job Description Assists with scheduling and supervision of Store Support Team Members as well with the as day-to-day flow of the department. Supports the Store Support Team Leader and Associate...
Cook 1 Primary Location : Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Employee Status : Regular Cook 1 Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes...
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in...
Marketing Manager - Governance & Program Delivery - MAR04698-18 Description Join our team Are you are a dynamic, self-motivated and collaborative team player? Do you have a passion to lead the...
Job Description Works together with other Team Members to assure that all objectives and goals...
Start Date: Immediate Position Status: Full Time (30-40 hours per week), Year Round,...
Job Description Assists with scheduling and supervision of Store Support Team Members as well...
Cook 1 Primary Location : Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Employee...
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because...
Marketing Manager - Governance & Program Delivery - MAR04698-18 Description Join our team Are...