What is the opportunity?
As an Assistant Branch Manager, you motivate and coach a high-performing team of Advisors in a dynamic, high-volume, and rewarding marketplace, while establishing and achieving team sales objectives. You coach your team to increase skills and capabilities to maximize sales and referral opportunities, enable digital education and usage, and promote problem resolution at first point of contact. Sharing common goals, purpose, vision, and values with RBC partners, you build relationships and encourage collaboration across all roles. Further, you support the ongoing development of your team through consistent sales routines to ensure a high level of employee capability and engagement.
**Work Location- Must be willing to travel to Woodstock & Ingersoll**
What will you do?
- Ensure high employee engagement through talent management, development and career planning
- Deliver results through strong sales management routines and coaching ability
- Partner with your manager to ensure operational effectiveness of the branch and maximize the performance of the team
- Inspire, orchestrate and pioneer superior retailing excellence to deliver a memorable client experience
- Coach your team on client advice and education, problem resolution and prevention at first point of contact, and advocate for digital enablement and multichannel usage
- Leverage partners to establish both internal and external working relationships to support business objectives
- Address local community needs through appropriate recruitment and management practices
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a people management/coaching role within the financial industry
- Proven success in business growth, as well as establishing community and client relationships
- At least 2 years of licensed mutual fund sales experience within the last 3 years
- Mutual Funds accreditation (IFIC or CSC)
- Completion of an acceptable mutual fund branch management exam (BCO) offered by the CSI, or ability to write the exam within 4 months of start date
- Experience in both business and personal banking
- Strong understanding of sales management routines and ability to lead the team to action
- Post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in commerce, business administration, or related experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to seek out and develop new business
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 452 Dundas St
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: People Manager
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 03/20/2019
Req ID: 184105
At Kelly Services, we believe in relationships, not transactions. We strive to bring you the BESTopportunities in the market. We are currently recruiting for Quality Control Inspectors for one of...
Our client is seeking an Oracle Developer to join their dynamic team in Woodstock, Ontario. As a key member, you will use your Oracle analysis, and development skills to work both individually and...
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by...
Associate, Commercial Banking Requisition ID : 19001491 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Commercial/Business Banking Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Stratford-30 Downie...
At Kelly Services, we believe in relationships, not transactions. We strive to bring you...
Our client is seeking an Oracle Developer to join their dynamic team in Woodstock, Ontario. As a...
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients....
Associate, Commercial Banking Requisition ID : 19001491 Position Type: Regular Position...