Government of Canada Ottawa and Gatineau offices, ONTARIO | 4 months
This position may have expired!
$97,500 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Assistant Banquet Manager
: Canada-Ottawa-Fairmont Château Laurier
Assistant Banquet Manager
Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Château Laurier a truly memorable affair. Showcase your communication and organization strengths as Assistant Banquet Manager, where you will lead and liaise among multiple departments to ensure each group function is truly exceptional.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada’s capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa’s very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Banquet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of Banquet Department.
- Participate in the creation and ensure the achievement of JD Power action plan, initiatives and targets.
- Continuously develop, promote and support a service culture in keeping with the standards of Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise for prompt, courteous and efficient food & beverage and meet services of the Banquet Department.
- Interact with guests on an on-going basis to ensure exceptional service and guest satisfaction.
- Liaise with the Conference Services/Catering Department to ensure that guest needs are clearly understood.
- Ensure regular and effective communication takes place within the Department through individual and departmental communication meetings, pre/post function briefings and the daily interaction with all departments.
- Ensure the highest quality of initial and continual development as well as ensure that development reviews are completed as required.
- Promote and enforce the Fairmont Château Laurier Health & Safety standards.
- Ensure the consistent cleanliness and maintenance of equipment and overall work environment as well as the proper inventory of necessary resources.
- Ensure all daily administrative reports and duties are completed with accuracy (Banquet billing, payroll, staffing, set-up sheet, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a constructive, harmonious and communicative working relationship with all supporting departments
- Other duties as assigned by the banquet manager
- Previous management function in Food & Beverage in a comparable establishment is required
- Minimum of two year management/supervisory experience in a Banquet department.
- Post secondary Degree in Hospitality of Food & Beverage Management an asset.
- Proven ability to execute functions effectively, with an acute sense of detail.
- Must be able to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment.
- Must have strong proven leadership qualities and management skills.
- Computer literate with exposure to Property Manager, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Silverware.
- Experience in a unionized environment is a strong asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluent in both official languages a strong asset.
- Must be a highly organized individual with the ability to handle numerous tasks at any one time.
- Flexible to work hours corresponding with hotel, guest and business demand.
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members and ensure their completion.
- Ability to recognize and correct guest service issues through an established presence on the Banquet floor.
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Must be able to lift heavy trays (8 plates)
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Management / Supervisory
: Rotating / Shift Work
: 26.Mar.2019, 11:59:00 PM
Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Food and beverage Professional experiences 6 to 10 years Languages essential English Optional languages French To oversee the bar & restaurant...
Cette offre a été publiée par une agence de placement ou un intermédiaire du marché du travail. Nombre de poste(s) à combler : 1 N° de l'offre : 7118554 Appellation d'emploi à l'interne (si...
Office Admin & Legal - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Executive Assistant, Advanced for our Federal Client. Qualifications: Education: Secondary school diploma is...
D'Arcy McGee's Pubs is looking for a Kitchen Manager at our 44 Sparks Street Location! Rich in Irish heritage and tradition, we make each and every guest feel welcome with generous hospitality, a...
Montana’s is searching for a Part time Host/Hostess for our Orleans location! Montana’s is where BBQ-lovers, friends and family alike get together in an energetic gathering place to devour...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa Job Description Are you looking for a new and exciting position? Are you highly motivated, energetic, customer orientated and looking for a role that offers great...
Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Food and beverage Professional...
Cette offre a été publiée par une agence de placement ou un intermédiaire du marché du...
Office Admin & Legal - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Executive Assistant, Advanced...
D'Arcy McGee's Pubs is looking for a Kitchen Manager at our 44 Sparks Street Location! Rich in...
Montana’s is searching for a Part time Host/Hostess for our Orleans location! Montana’s is...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa Job Description Are you looking for a new and exciting position? ...