Assistant Banquet Manager
: Canada-Winnipeg-The Fairmont Winnipeg
Assistant Banquet Manager
Driven by a passion for flawless service and unfailing attention to detail, you will assist the Banquet Manager to direct our award winning Banquet team, overseeing all of convention and catering events including tradeshows, gala events, meetings, kosher and off premise catering.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba -- at the historic corner of Portage and Main -- Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the city is at your feet.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Banquet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure smooth and efficient functioning of the day-to-day operations of the
- Banquet Department including meetings, private functions and banquet beverage services.
- Act as liaison with the stewarding, kitchen teams and audio-visual department to deliver a personalized banquet experience.
- Maintains, enforces and enhances Fairmont service standards as well as local operating standards.
- Proactively analyses, develops and revamps internal processes to create new ways of providing unique and innovative services ideas and incentives.
- Attend pre convention & departmental meetings, establishing on site relationship with all meeting Planners / Organizers.
- Assist the Banquet Manager in developing the banquet leadership team in matters such as decision-making skills, event planning and execution
- Effective performance management through focus on colleague development training, problem resolution, maintaining up-to-date records on performance, attendance, grooming, service deficiencies, schedules, labor costs/payroll, and late/absenteeism.
- Maintain and enhance staff morale by “leading by example” and lead a positive team environment
- Adhere to the hotels safety policy, Service Plus and Green Team initiatives.
- Ensures highest levels of productivity through regular spot checks, proactive staff planning, hiring and scheduling
- As a member of the extended sales team, maximizing revenues from the banquet operation.
- Maximize on cost control opportunities through optimal scheduling and maintenance of equipment.
- Conduct daily inspections of the banquet facilities and equipment - Deficiency Program.
- Share in the responsibility to achieve or exceed financial and guest satisfaction goals (average check, payroll, beverage revenue, JD Power etc) for the department.
- Assumes responsibility for all equipment, inventories, supplies, furniture and fixtures assigned to the Banquet Department and in addition for the cleanliness, repair and maintenance deficiencies of the Banquet Facilities.
- Minimum one year previous Supervisory experience in a similar size convention/banquet facility or two years experience in a large volume restaurant/multi-restaurant operation.
- Off-premise catering experience an asset
- Demonstrated ability to enforce established standards through effective communication essential.
- Demonstrated ability to making decisions that will improve service consistency and the work environment.
- Proven ability to make unpopular decisions in the best interest of service excellence.
- Proven ability to consistently communicate service improvement initiatives and expectations.
- Strong organizational and business decision making skills essential.
- Must be a highly organized individual with the ability to handle numerous tasks at one time.
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members and facilitate their completion.
- Ability to recognize and correct guest service issues through an established presence on the Banquet floor.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have excellent English communication skills (written, verbal and comprehension). Fluency in a second language as it relates to the hospitality industry is an asset.
Visa Requirements: To be eligible for employment with Fairmont Winnipeg, you must be in possession of a working visa for Canada. We do not provide offer letters to applicants seeking to get their work visas. Applicants must have their work visas in place prior to applying.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Rotating / Shift Work
: 16.Feb.2018, 11:59:00 PM
Req Id: 191470 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Security jobs, management, entry level and more with G4S Select a G4S Careers Site Close Global Careers UK Jobs Security Jobs for UK Events Security Jobs in the USA Security Jobs in...
Req Id: 191471 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Strong Teams | Strong Communities | Strong Future Our Guiding Principles - Truthfulness, Fairness, Value, and Loyalty - have not changed since the day Western Financial Group was formed. The...
Req Id: 191118 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
VIA Rail Canada Inc. On Train Service Attendant (food service) Reference Number : SSA_WNPG_042018 Status : Permanent - Full time Job Category : Customer Service City : WINNIPEG Province :...
Req Id: 191470 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined...
Security jobs, management, entry level and more with G4S Select a G4S Careers Site Close Global...
Req Id: 191471 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined...
Strong Teams | Strong Communities | Strong Future Our Guiding Principles - Truthfulness,...
Req Id: 191118 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined...
VIA Rail Canada Inc. On Train Service Attendant (food service) Reference Number :...