Temporary Employment Opportunity
The District of Hudson’s Hope is accepting applications from post-secondary students or graduates for a temporary employment for Condition Assessment Assistant. This position is available for approximately sixteen 16 weeks (May to August 2021), with the possibility of rehiring during the same period in 2022 and 2023.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting to the Manager of Public Works, this temporary full time position performs field visits, observe and record the physical condition of municipal infrastructure assets such as sewer manholes, catch basins, road, sidewalk, curb & gutters, road signs etc., and record the information in the asset management software.
- Work with and provide support to the consultant working on the Asset Management.
- Collect remaining field data for municipal infrastructure such as water valves, sewer manholes, catch basins, roads, sidewalks, curb & gutters, culverts, ditches etc. by using GPS Equipment and other measurement systems. The information may include collection of size, material, location, depth, height etc. of the infrastructure.
- Review as-built drawings, maps etc. both hard copies and electronic copies.
- Prepare/ update the information in the Excel spreadsheet and/or software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Post-secondary student or graduate in science, engineering, architecture, technology or any other education related to the position.
- Use Trimble GPS or any other similar types of equipment at the field.
- Operational skills in QGIS.
- Use measurement equipment for field data collection.
- Can read and interpret engineering drawings for roads and utilities.
- Basic operational skills using AutoCAD is desired to review AutoCAD drawings.
- Operational skills in using Excel is required.
Require Qualifications, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in asset management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to deal with people in a professional manner.
- Good organizational skills.
- Physically able to satisfy the requirements of this position, able to lift 50 pounds.
- Maintains courteous and positive public relations with customers including residents and District staff by delivering quality customer service.
- Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations as established by the Workers’ Compensation Board of BC.
This is a unionized position with the BCGEU. The rate of pay is $26.86 per hour as of January 1, 2021. Hours of work are 7.5 hours per week (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m, with 30 minutes unpaid lunch break), Monday – Friday. Applications with a detailed resume may be mailed, emailed, faxed or dropped off at the District Office, 9904 Dudley Drive, and will be accepted untilMonday, April 12, 2021 at 4:30 p.m
9904 Dudley Drive, PO Box 330
Hudson’s Hope, BC, V0C 1V0
Telephone: (250) 783-9901 Fax: (250) 783-5741
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021
Employment Type: Part Time
Employment Length: Temporary
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: Experience an asset
Rate: $26.86 Hour