Position #: 867322
Position: Application Senior Analyst – Finance & Ancillary Applications
Department: UHN Digital – Application Support
Location: Atrium on Bay
Status: Permanent Full Time
Salary/Band: H007: $72,805 - $91,000 (based on experience and competencies)
University Health Network (UHN) is Canada's largest academic health sciences center and is affiliated with the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths and successes of our four remarkable hospitals and academic institute; Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, and Michener Institute. UHN brings together new tools, technologies and talent to make us an international leader in healthcare and the ideal place to build your health technology career. For more information on UHN, visit www.uhn.ca .
UHN Digital delivers information management and technology services for the entire organization and is responsible for assisting UHN staff and students in transforming lives and communities.
The Application Senior Analyst role would provide an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to the work of the UHN Digital, supporting staff and clinicians in the Radiation Medicine Program. The energy, enthusiasm and dedication of this individual will allow UHN Digital to continuously contribute to the successes of the organization, aligned with the mission of UHN’s Technology and Innovation Portfolio to digitally enable the good work of UHN.
This position is to primarily support the applications within the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre’s Radiation Medicine Program (RMP). We are looking for an individual who is excited by the challenge of working in a dynamic environment, as an Application Senior Analyst, you will be working with and supporting clinicians, administrative and managerial staff whose goal is to provide exemplary patient care.
Overview of positionThis is a second level application support position that requires both a business and technical understanding of a variety of applications used within the radiation medicine treatment cycle. This position requires interaction with members of various UHN clinical stakeholders and operational teams, including but not limited to UHN Service Desk, functional users (both clinical and administrative), clinical managers and directors, DBA’s, project management teams, external vendors and operations staff.
As a member of the Application Support portfolio, the Application Senior Analyst will participate in the following tasks utilizing business analysis and project management skills. Other duties may be assigned consistent with job classification.
- Elicit and document business requirements, for the purposes of work scoping and prioritizing
- Participate in application upgrades and system implementation activities in conjunction with users and vendor
- Liaise with software vendors to communicate requirements and issues and address priority issues
- Communication of technical information to a non-technical audience and business information to a technical audience
- Complete simple to moderately complex user requests
- Participate and assist in prioritizing and monitoring requests, schedules and status reports as required
- Responsible for scheduling and prioritizing their workload to accommodate the needs of both UHN Digital and our stakeholder customers, while minimizing impact on current tasks/projects; weekly team agenda and meetings
- Participate in incident/problem analysis and management, working with other teams to ensure high service standards maintained
- Document operational processes, system problems and resolutions for future reference
- Exercise Change Management principles/techniques
- Position may require being on-call, 7/24 on a rotating basis
- Degree in Health Informatics, Business, Computer Science or related field
- 2-3 years practical experience in second level application support required
- Clinical background and/or experience working in the health care field an asset
- Strong proficiency working in: Windows 2000, MS O365, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Teams
- Experience with Mosaiq an asset
- Strong workflow/business analysis skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and with the ability to systematically analyze situations/issues, identify options, draw logical conclusions and determine/recommend practical courses of action
- Understand how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Self-motivated team player who can work independently
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on simple to moderately complex tasks
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams in a positive and productive manner
- Able to effectively deal with high priority and unscheduled tasks and problems
- Experience working with report writing software an asset
- Working knowledge of HL7 standards and interfaces an asset
- Ability to perform standard application testing (unit testing), data analysis and/or system analysis.
- Knowledge of ITIL Change Management principles/techniques
POSTING DATE: November 20, 2020 ENDING DATE: December 7, 2020
Staffing Advisor, Human Resources AOB Posting #867322
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Close Director, Commercialization Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Director Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Project Management Years Experience: 6-8...
£82,000 - £85,000 per annum Toronto , Canada Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Sheridan Maine are delighted to be appointed on an exclusively retained basis, to...
University Degree in Science or Life Sciences and post-graduate certification in Regulatory Affair Must have a minimum of 8 years of direct experience with drug submissions. Experience with...
NAV (BC) Manufacturing Consultant- Toronto, Ontario- $80k Microsoft Dynamics Business Central Manufacturing Consultant is primarily responsible for ERP implementation and training our Microsoft...
Tracking Code 1087-489 Job Description AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation...
Close Director, Commercialization Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
£82,000 - £85,000 per annum Toronto , Canada Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
University Degree in Science or Life Sciences and post-graduate certification in Regulatory...
NAV (BC) Manufacturing Consultant- Toronto, Ontario- $80k Microsoft Dynamics Business Central...
Tracking Code 1087-489 Job Description AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants...