Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed half a trillion dollars by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Total Portfolio Management ("TPM") department is responsible for the long- and medium-horizon total portfolio design and the implementation of the total portfolio investment framework. This framework guides investment risk-taking across the fund to deliver a total portfolio that includes the three general sources of investment returns (asset allocation, security selection and strategic tilts), and seeks to maximize long-term total return without undue risk of loss. TPM consists of four groups: Investment Strategy and Portfolio Construction, Portfolio Engineering, Portfolio Management and Portfolio Research.
We are currently recruiting for an Analyst or Associate to join the Investment Research (“IR”) team within the Investment Strategy and Portfolio Construction (“ISPC”) group.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the team’s activities, including conducting research on the risk and return of investment strategies across the portfolio, and developing a system of signals that helps align investment activity with total portfolio needs.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Conduct research and analysis on factors driving the risk and return of public and private alternative assets, including Private Equity, Real Estate, and Infrastructure
- Participate in the portfolio construction and portfolio management process to ensure effective implementation of the total portfolio’s desired exposures
- Conduct research on institutional processes, quantitative techniques, trends in new asset classes and asset management capabilities
- Prepare and deliver clear and well-structured reports and presentations for various audiences
- Contribute to other departmental projects and duties as required
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- Relevant work experience in investment banking, investment management, pension fund and/or related capital markets roles
- Knowledge of modern portfolio theory, economics and quantitative techniques, financial modeling, valuation and the associated analytics as applied to financial markets research and portfolio construction
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; effective communicator (oral and written), particularly communicating complex concepts in understandable ways
- Exposure to or interest in understanding the role of alternative assets in a portfolio context is an asset
- Experience working with systems, databases, programming languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, R, SQL) is an asset
- CFA/CAIA/FRM or other relevant industry recognized designation considered is considered relevant to this role
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple project deliverables and demands, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Successful candidates must exemplify CPP Investment Board’s guiding principles of high performance, integrity, and partnership
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us onLinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Description MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT We’re a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private...
Description We're Community Trust, and we aren't your typical financial institution. Since we opened our doors in 1975, we have been proud to operate as a flexible alternative, providing our...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your...
Description MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come...
Description MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders. Our Advisory Services group is growing and as a result we are looking for a Senior...
Description MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT We’re a team of trusted advisors who...
Description We're Community Trust, and we aren't your typical financial institution. Since we...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We...
Description MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative...
Description MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers...