LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 22214
Are you passionate about building positive relationships, problem solving, working within a positive team environment, and possess strong integrity? Reporting to the manager, demand forecast operations, this role is accountable for the stewardship and development of business unit/contractor demand forecasting accuracies and accountabilities while driving the execution of operational excellence management systems (OEMS) objectives to reduce the overall spend for logistics services in the regional municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB) at all sites.
- Support integration and collaboration with cross functional team (CFT) participation. Be a business unit liaison to promote field logistics departmental awareness throughout Suncor
- Provide and maintain support for contractor travel coordinators to align with field logistics business unit expectations for lodge and aviation demand forecasting
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders to drive forecast variances down by having the correct pro-active information regarding forecast submissions, historical data, variances, etc. Be available to assist leaders with having the correct conversations with their supervision and contractors regarding gap closure
- Coordinate and facilitate the onboarding of new forecasters (i.e. contractor travel coordinator, business unit analysts, cost center owners) which can occur on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. Provide forecast support for BU’s or contractors that may not have representation
- Receive and compile aviation forecast demand data on behalf of contractor groups for submission to Suncor Aircraft scheduling. Provide area specific parameters and support for demand forecast expectations
- Research and report capabilities to support ongoing improvement and development of existing policies and programs as they relate to lodge and aviation demand forecasting
- Facilitate monthly meetings with third party contractor travel coordinators to review and update field logistics operational requirements and foster alignment of process expectations through-out the region
- Support and promote facilitation and usage of ground transportation support to align with demand forecasting and capacity optimization planning
- First point of contact for contractor operational requests including, baggage move requests as well as lodge operations support for site bans, medical requests and termination pack-ups
Experience and Education:
- At least five to seven years of experience in a relevant field (administration, travel, hospitality, logistics)
- Prior experience with remote, site based, and large scale project work
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills including SAP, Excel and Word
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and analytical skills with a continuous improvement mindset
- Knowledge and understanding of current processes and procedures in Field Logistics
- You possess strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Highly motivated and committed to providing exceptional customer service
- This is a Fly-In-Fly-Out role for various RMWB sites
- You thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities, challenging demands, and targets
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
About Fort Hills
Fort Hills, a joint venture between Suncor, Total, and Teck Resources, is the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region. Located 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, you’ll travel in comfort from one of our Western Canadian hubs, or Fort McMurray. There, you will stay in a world class, modern yet comfortable, lodge-style accommodation. More information about life at Fort Hills is available here.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas;...
Do you have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment? Do you love problem solving? Our client is looking for an Information Management Specialist to complete a six month contract in...
Are you an experienced business analyst who enjoys leading analytical initiatives including bench marking, industry intelligence and trends analysis? Our client, a large oil and gas company...
Join the Repsol team We provide the opportunity to grow professionally and develop your career at one of the world’s leading international energy companies. At Repsol, you will work on challenging...
Job description The Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer role: provides Instrumentation and Controls engineering support across Upstream conventional oil, heavy oil and oil sands mining...
Manager of Administration - (ECR0000CJ) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we...
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees...
Do you have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment? Do you love problem...
Are you an experienced business analyst who enjoys leading analytical initiatives including...
Join the Repsol team We provide the opportunity to grow professionally and develop your career...
Job description The Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer role: provides Instrumentation...
Manager of Administration - (ECR0000CJ) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry...