At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum at MNP. We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our growing Administration team. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Strategically supporting the firm, our Administration team anticipates the needs of our team members and Partners. We effectively communicate information for service lines, industry and specialty groups, and operations at all levels throughout the firm. Our administrators support initiatives and ensure efficiency, allowing MNP to better serve our clients and people.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume as one (1) document by June 1, 2018 at 9:00am EDT.
- Perform a variety of administrative and clerical office support activities for multiple staff ensuring timely adherence and deadlines
- Courteously receive and screen all incoming calls and emails
- Greet, assist and direct all visitors in a professional manner
- Review, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Prepare, review and modify general templates, letters, reports, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Excel workbooks and other correspondence materials
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Create, maintain and update spreadsheets
- Fax, photocopy and scan documents as required
- Assist in the creation of presentations
- Record minutes at various meetings and distribute or archive them accordingly
- Uphold electronic and paper filing systems
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Manage and coordinate multiple calendars
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels and place orders as required
- Completion of related post-secondary education in administration is an asset
- Two (2) to four (4) years of related administrative experience
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our total rewards package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Not ready to apply? Create a profile and connect with us for general consideration.
BDO. Because relationships matter. There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At...
This role is responsible for the efficient, profitable, and safe operation of the terminal elevators located in Thunder Bay or Vancouver while providing a quality customer service. •...
Power Distribution & Controls Technologist-MUS00001869 Description CAREER OPPORTUNITY Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay,...
05-May-2018 Thunder Bay Dawson Rd Ontario Store Location 1020 DAWSON RD., THUNDER BAY, ON, P7B 1K6 Company Summary Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 400 stores nationwide...
17-May-2018 Thunder Bay Dawson Rd Ontario Store Location 1020 DAWSON RD., THUNDER BAY, ON, P7B 1K6 Company Summary Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 400 stores nationwide...
Team Lead Auto Parts Desk - PartSource - Thunder Bay (Memorial) - C04P2Z Team Lead PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty stores that offer brand-name auto parts to the medium to...
BDO. Because relationships matter. There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that...
This role is responsible for the efficient, profitable, and safe operation of the terminal...
Power Distribution & Controls Technologist-MUS00001869 Description CAREER...
05-May-2018 Thunder Bay Dawson Rd Ontario Store Location 1020 DAWSON RD., THUNDER BAY, ON, P7B...
17-May-2018 Thunder Bay Dawson Rd Ontario Store Location 1020 DAWSON RD., THUNDER BAY, ON, P7B...
Team Lead Auto Parts Desk - PartSource - Thunder Bay (Memorial) - C04P2Z Team Lead PartSource is...