At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum at MNP. We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our growing Administration team. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Strategically supporting the firm, our Administration team anticipates the needs of our team members and Partners. We effectively communicate information for service lines, industry and specialty groups, and operations at all levels throughout the firm. Our administrators support initiatives and ensure efficiency, allowing MNP to better serve our clients and people.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume as one (1) document by June 1, 2018 at 9:00am EDT.
- Perform a variety of administrative and clerical office support activities for multiple staff ensuring timely adherence and deadlines
- Courteously receive and screen all incoming calls and emails
- Greet, assist and direct all visitors in a professional manner
- Review, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Prepare, review and modify general templates, letters, reports, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Excel workbooks and other correspondence materials
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Create, maintain and update spreadsheets
- Fax, photocopy and scan documents as required
- Assist in the creation of presentations
- Record minutes at various meetings and distribute or archive them accordingly
- Uphold electronic and paper filing systems
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Manage and coordinate multiple calendars
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels and place orders as required
- Completion of related post-secondary education in administration is an asset
- Two (2) to four (4) years of related administrative experience
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our total rewards package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Not ready to apply? Create a profile and connect with us for general consideration.
The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share cool tech and amazing brands with our fellow Canadians. From your local shopping centre to cool music...
Jump-start your career with BDO! At BDO, we focus on choosing the right people for the right projects, whether working with our clients or with colleagues. We invest in the best and brightest...
Casual Registered Nurse, Infusion Clinic - Thunder Bay - (18008384) Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of...
Accountant-THU00001381 Description CAREER OPPORTUNITY Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of...
Stationary Maintenance Team Leader-MUS00001896 Description CAREER OPPORTUNITY Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the...
Reporting To: Product Support Manager Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking an experienced Service Supervisor to provide efficient, knowledgeable and professional...
The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share...
Jump-start your career with BDO! At BDO, we focus on choosing the right people for the right...
Casual Registered Nurse, Infusion Clinic - Thunder Bay - (18008384) Description McKesson is in...
Accountant-THU00001381 Description CAREER OPPORTUNITY Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out...
Stationary Maintenance Team Leader-MUS00001896 Description CAREER OPPORTUNITY Musselwhite Mine...
Reporting To: Product Support Manager Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are...