Accounts Payable Reviewer (16-month term) - (180000EE)
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Reviewer (16-month term), responsible for the internal audit of payables, based in our global headquarters in Burnaby, BC.
The Reviewer is responsible for reviewing and approving settlement statements as well as lien search information to ensure file completion before each account is settled. Working closely with the Disbursements Team and finance staff, the Reviewer supports Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers accounting departments around the world.
In this role you’ll:
- Review and verify all lien search information and settlement statements prepared by the settlement associates.
- Review and approve advances and inventory purchases.
- Review and verify annual files and ensure the file summary sheet is up-to-date.
- Ensure that the settlement accounts such as auction proceeds payable, holdbacks, repairs & hauling and repairs & maintenance are reconciled to the general ledger.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies independently and/or in collaboration with settlement associates and sale site staff.
- Exercise ethical and objective judgment skills.
- Ensure appropriate authorizations in accordance with the company’s contractual obligations and within company policy. Reviews and posts Accounts Payable invoices and Accounts Receivable transactions.
- Participate in special projects and committees.
Here’s what you bring:
- 1-3 years of experience in a senior or team lead role in accounting, banking, or lending and responsibilities have included reviewing files or work of other team members.
- Minimum of 2 years basic accounting experience and experience with file/account reconciliations and timely presentation of essential reports.
- Knowledge of Canadian Securities Registration system (land, personal property and corporate registries) an asset.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience is an asset.
- Experience working with ERP systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detailed-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to always meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrated experience working well as a member of a team.
- A solid work ethic, without sacrificing your sense of humor or your ability to have fun on the job.
This job will require you to:
- Work occasional overtime hours.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award winning LEED gold certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, car washing and dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site , LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter .
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers , the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet , an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee , an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus , a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty , offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet , TruckPlanet , Kruse Energy Auctioneers , and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com .
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.
9500 Glenlyon Parkway
Burnaby V5J 0C6
: Finance and Accounting
: Aug 9, 2018, 1:03:46 PM
Competition No.: 2018-CA2 Duration: Auxiliary / On Call / Seasonal Salary: $24.36 per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits Last Updated: 1/11/19 3:00 PM Description The goal of the City of Burnaby and...
Fleet Work with Fleet remarketing manager to execute the monthly vehicle acquisition and disposal plan for the BC pool. Ensure all auction processes are aligned with strategic remarketing...
Aecom Burnaby is hiring an experienced Administrative Assistant who will be working on the client site directly. • Work includes some of or all of the following: prepares or proofs correspondence,...
Competition No.: 2019-FAL Duration: Auxiliary / On Call / Seasonal Salary: $27.45 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits. Last Updated: 1/11/19 12:17 PM Description The goal of the City of Burnaby...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster...
Competition No.: 2018-269 Duration: Regular Full Time Salary: $4,715 – 4,908 – 5,113 – 5,323 – 5,547/month (Pay Grade 20) Last Updated: 1/2/19 9:25 AM Description The goal of the City of Burnaby...
Competition No.: 2018-CA2 Duration: Auxiliary / On Call / Seasonal Salary: $24.36 per hour + 12%...
Fleet Work with Fleet remarketing manager to execute the monthly vehicle acquisition and...
Aecom Burnaby is hiring an experienced Administrative Assistant who will be working on the...
Competition No.: 2019-FAL Duration: Auxiliary / On Call / Seasonal Salary: $27.45 per hour plus...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us...
Competition No.: 2018-269 Duration: Regular Full Time Salary: $4,715 – 4,908 – 5,113 – 5,323 –...