Accounts Payable Clerk - (180000ED)
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk based in our global headquarters in Burnaby, BC.
The Disbursements Administrator is responsible for high volume processing of consignment for Canadian and frontier markets. The primary mandate for the Associate will be to ensure all consignments are paid on time and that appropriate remittance process and systems are adhered to.
In this role you’ll:
- Review, verify and process consignment files to create settlement statements and issue accurate payment for consignments in accordance with the company’s contractual obligations.
- Review, verify and process invoices, purchase orders and expense reports from various offices and sale sites in a timely manner.
- Able to apply purchase limits, ensure appropriate authorizations, etc. in accordance with corporate controls.
- Follow up and obtain clarification on any discrepancies or inaccuracies on invoices and purchase authority limits.
- Uses pre-set guidelines to code invoices to the general ledger.
- Investigate and resolve any unpaid or late invoices; reconcile supplier statements.
- Upload auction transactions from Canadian, industrial and agricultural, sales and frontier markets.
- Process cheque runs, electronic funds transfers and wire payments to consignors, lien holders and suppliers in a timely manner.
- Reconcile settlement statements to the general ledger prior to mail-out and month end.
- Reconcile repair & hauling accounts to ensure recovery of funds.
- Balance commission in various ERP systems.
- Ensure coding on cost sheets are uploaded correctly.
- Produce follow-up reports such as post-sale checklists and delayed sale file lists to sale sites.
- Liaise with accounts receivable department to continually monitor post-sale changes and corrections such as price adjustments, deductions, holdbacks, collapses, and bill for deficiencies.
- Liaise with fixed asset and procurement department to maintain current book values.
Here’s what you bring:
- 1-3 years of experience working in an office environment.
- Enrolled or about to enroll in a professional accounting designation or accounting diploma program.
- Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable experience is an asset.
- Experience working with ERP systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proven commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detailed-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to always meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrated experience working well as a member of a team.
- A solid work ethic, without sacrificing your sense of humor or your ability to have fun on the job.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award winning LEED gold certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, car washing and dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site , LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter .
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers , the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet , an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee , an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus , a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty , offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet , TruckPlanet , Kruse Energy Auctioneers , and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com .
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.
9500 Glenlyon Parkway
Burnaby V5J 0C6
: Finance and Accounting
: Aug 8, 2018, 2:01:15 PM
As one of the largest, most progressive, urban districts in the province, Burnaby provides comprehensive educational programs and services to 41 elementary and 8 secondary schools, plus a number...
Title: Assistant Superintendent Reports to: Superintendent Location: Burnaby, BC Position Summary: Scott Construction is a well-known and trusted General Contractor & Construction Manager based in...
AECOM's Environment Health & Safety team is filling a full-time position for an Intermediate/Senior Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Consultant to join our team in western Canada to assist in...
Senior Marine Geophysicist - BUR003U Company: Advisian Primary Location : CAN-BC-Burnaby Job : Engineering (And Sciences) Schedule : Full-time Employment Type: Staff Job...
Sales Representative (Koodo) | Lougheed Town Centre, Burnaby, BC - RET20996-18 Description Are you looking for each day to be different? Are you a positive and motivated person looking to be a...
Job Description Perform duties in all Vancouver, West Vancouver and Burnaby Whole Foods Market Stores related to the cutting, preparation, display, and selling of meat products. Provide efficient...
As one of the largest, most progressive, urban districts in the province, Burnaby provides...
Title: Assistant Superintendent Reports to: Superintendent Location: Burnaby, BC Position...
AECOM's Environment Health & Safety team is filling a full-time position for an...
Senior Marine Geophysicist - BUR003U Company: Advisian Primary...
Sales Representative (Koodo) | Lougheed Town Centre, Burnaby, BC - RET20996-18 Description Are...
Job Description Perform duties in all Vancouver, West Vancouver and Burnaby Whole Foods Market...