Accounting Assistant - 2 year contract (Royal Canin)
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Financial ,Accounting
Years Experience: 2-4 Years
Job Type: Contract
Contract Length: More than one year
Posting Date: July 09, 2020
Share this job:
This position is a 2 year (24 month) Contract
The Accounting Assistant is a critical member of the Financial Operations Team and is responsible for the accounts payable function for various segments of Royal Canin. The primary directive of the Accounting Assistant is to perform accounting and clerical tasks for the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of accounts payable experience with a focus on vendor support
- Minimum high school diploma required
- Basic accounting knowledge (e.g. accrued liabilities, operating expenses)
- Demonstrated track record of working across an organization to deliver work on time and with high quality
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of Excel and financial systems skills including Microsoft Office; Microsoft Navision experience is an asset
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Posting invoices, processing invoice payments, and filing payment support for use in maintaining accounts payable records
- Performing reconciliations of accounts payable transactions
- Assisting with the period end close process (e.g. processing intercompany postings)
- Resolving invoice discrepancies and issues by communicating with vendors and/or assigned departmental associates
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as Royal Canin & Eukanuba
- Opportunity to work with some of Canada's largest retailers.
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’sÂ®, SNICKERSÂ®, TWIXÂ®, MILKY WAYÂ®, DOVEÂ®, PEDIGREEÂ®, ROYAL CANINÂ®, WHISKASÂ®, EXTRAÂ®, ORBITÂ®, 5â„¢, SKITTLESÂ®, UNCLE BEN’SÂ®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIAÂ®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitalsâ„¢, BluePearlÂ®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCAâ„¢ and Pet Partnersâ„¢. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Learn More about Mars Canada Inc.
See all Mars Canada Inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Req. #: 5040 Job Title: Imaging Technician Dates: Oct. 5/20 – Dec. 31/20 Hours: (Mon – Fri) TBD Pay Rate: $14.71/hour +4% vacation pay Location: Waterloo, ON Description: The purpose of this...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build collaborative teams Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way Learn and grow, inwardly and...
Our Elmira based client has partnered with Kelly Services to recruit for permanent Packaging Operators. This is a permanent full-time opportunity to join the afternoon and night shift teams. If...
Great Company located in Guelph Our client, a world lead in water treatment located in Guelph is looking for experienced mechanical assemblers. Must demonstrate proficiency in reading and...
Temp to Perm opportunity On a Bus Route in Guelph New Payrate Receiving- Working in the role of Bailer, Weekend, Fri to Mon 10 am to 8 pm - this position prepares shipments by wrapping labeling...
Weekend Shift - Temp to Perm Opportunity On a Bus Route in Guelph Exciting opportunity to work with Kelly Services on site at Well.ca located in Guelph picking orders in an amazing well-organized...
Req. #: 5040 Job Title: Imaging Technician Dates: Oct. 5/20 – Dec. 31/20 Hours: (Mon – Fri)...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build...
Our Elmira based client has partnered with Kelly Services to recruit for permanent Packaging...
Great Company located in Guelph Our client, a world lead in water treatment located in Guelph is...
Temp to Perm opportunity On a Bus Route in Guelph New Payrate Receiving- Working in the role of...
Weekend Shift - Temp to Perm Opportunity On a Bus Route in Guelph Exciting opportunity to work...