We’re looking for a team player, hardworking individual with a positive attitude to join our team!
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: $17.00-20.00 / Hour based on skills and experience
- Hours of Work: between 32-37.50 Hours a Week
- Vacancies: 1 Vacancy
- Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Benefits: Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits, Other benefits
- Availability: Full availability , flexible hours
- Completion of college or other courses in accounting, bookkeeping or payroll administration is required.
- Payroll association certification is preferred.
- Proficient in processing payroll using QuickBooks
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables and vlookup) is preferred.
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements using manual or computerized systems
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, garnishments and insurance and pension plans
- Prepare employee payments and benefit payments by cheque or electronic transfer
- Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as leaves, employment and medical insurance
- Prepare T4 statements and other statements
- Provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement provisions
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts
- Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Accounts payable processing including coding invoices and expense reports, approval routing, inputting invoices into the accounting system, processing payment batches (cheques, wires, ACH payments) and preparing cheques for mailing and filing
- Preparing and record journal entries into the accounting system
- Handling vendor inquiries and resolving disputes
- Processing various inventory related transactions in the accounting system
- Assist with accounts receivable processing
- Other duties as assigned
Accounting and Payroll Assistant will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
Languages - English
Employer - Coco Brooks Inc.
a PEOPLE COMPANY serving pizza
How to Apply - By e-mail
Id : 64083 Category : Accounting-Permanent Location/City : AB – Calgary Region : Calgary Area Job Type : Permanent Recruiter Name : Jessica Kopitar To apply, please submit your resume, in Word...
About The Calgary Chamber For more than 127 years, the Calgary Chamber has been the city’s main connector of people, ideas and stories. We’ve facilitated meetings, debates and gatherings with some...
Senior Accountant At 911 Supply, our mission is to ensure that first responders select the right equipment to do their job and most importantly, get home safe. Without question, we are hands down...
Job Title Senior Financial Analyst (B&Ag) - Calgary # of Positions Available 1 Closing Date June 25, 2018 Category Accounting / Finance / Insurance, Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage /...
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community,...
Driver Payroll Administrator / IFTA Reporting Location: Calgary Job Code: 3617 # of openings: 1 Description Cascade Carriers L.P. Driver Payroll Administrator / IFTA Reporting Location: Calgary,...
Id : 64083 Category : Accounting-Permanent Location/City : AB – Calgary Region : Calgary...
About The Calgary Chamber For more than 127 years, the Calgary Chamber has been the city’s main...
Senior Accountant At 911 Supply, our mission is to ensure that first responders select the right...
Job Title Senior Financial Analyst (B&Ag) - Calgary # of Positions Available 1 Closing Date June...
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community,...
Driver Payroll Administrator / IFTA Reporting Location: Calgary Job Code: 3617 # of...