We’re looking for a team player, hardworking individual with a positive attitude to join our team!
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: $17.00-20.00 / Hour based on skills and experience
- Hours of Work: between 32-37.50 Hours a Week
- Vacancies: 1 Vacancy
- Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Benefits: Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits, Other benefits
- Availability: Full availability , flexible hours
- Completion of college or other courses in accounting, bookkeeping or payroll administration is required.
- Payroll association certification is preferred.
- Proficient in processing payroll using QuickBooks
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables and vlookup) is preferred.
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements using manual or computerized systems
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, garnishments and insurance and pension plans
- Prepare employee payments and benefit payments by cheque or electronic transfer
- Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as leaves, employment and medical insurance
- Prepare T4 statements and other statements
- Provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement provisions
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts
- Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Accounts payable processing including coding invoices and expense reports, approval routing, inputting invoices into the accounting system, processing payment batches (cheques, wires, ACH payments) and preparing cheques for mailing and filing
- Preparing and record journal entries into the accounting system
- Handling vendor inquiries and resolving disputes
- Processing various inventory related transactions in the accounting system
- Assist with accounts receivable processing
- Other duties as assigned
Accounting and Payroll Assistant will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
Languages - English
Employer - Coco Brooks Inc.
a PEOPLE COMPANY serving pizza
How to Apply - By e-mail
BDO. Because relationships matter. There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term...
Payroll Specialist - CAL00EC Company: WorleyParsons Primary Location : CAN-AB-Calgary Job : Payroll Schedule : Full-time Employment Type: Staff Job Level: Experienced Job Posting : Mar 5,...
Your Role: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing all finance, accounting and reporting activities. Working closely with the senior leadership team,...
Id : 63691 Category : Accounting-Contract Location/City : AB – Calgary Region : Calgary Area Job Type : Contract Recruiter Name : Lyndsay Moore To apply, please submit your resume, in Word ...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster...
Reporting to: Edward (Ed) Sims, President and CEO Location: Calgary, Canada Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time Website: www.westjet.com COMPANY...
BDO. Because relationships matter. There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far...
Payroll Specialist - CAL00EC Company: WorleyParsons Primary...
Your Role: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Manager is responsible for...
Id : 63691 Category : Accounting-Contract Location/City : AB – Calgary Region : Calgary Area Job...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us...
Reporting to: Edward (Ed) Sims, President and CEO Location: ...