- 1 year contract term, potential for extension
- Remote work - must be able to work in Chatham-Kent, Ontario, once office reopens
- 4+ years of Accounting experience, preferably in the Energy industry
At Kelly Services, we believe in relationships, not transactions. We strive to bring you the BEST opportunity in the market. Currently we have an exciting opportunity in Chatham-Kent, Ontario, for an Accounting Analyst level III. You will be working for one of the world's recognized energy delivery companies.
Please note the position is for a contract role for 1 year, with possibility of extension. Position will work remote from home until the office reopens-must be able to commute to Chatham-Kent at that time.
What Will You Do?
• Preparation of month-end closing journal entries such as the Inventory Reconciliation adjustment, heat value adjustment and intercompany reclassifications
• Preparation of monthly accounts reconciliations
• Prepare and analyze cost of gas deferral accounts related to upstream transportation, fuel, and commodity
• Liaise directly with the Gas Supply Team to ensure gas cost inputs and transactions are accurately generated
• Participate in meetings with Gas Supply, Regulatory and Finance groups to discuss QRAM (Quarterly Rate Adjustment Mechanism) calculations and expected balances within Schedules filed with the OEB
• Assist with maintaining, updating and documenting internal control policies and procedures within the Finance Department
• Ensure adherence to the Gas Cost key and non-key SOX controls
• Work directly with internal, external, and SOX auditors during reviews and the quarterly/annual audit engagements
• Prepare and analyze the budget and forecast Cost of Gas Cash flow to FP&A
What is Offered to You?
· Competitive pay rate+ 4% vacation
· Free access to 100+ online training class via Kelly Learning Centre
· Opportunity for contract extension and permanent placement
· Recognition and bonus programs
What's a MUST from You?
• University Degree (Business or Accounting preferred)
• 4+ years of experience in a finance/accounting role or other relevant experience
• A strong team player with excellent communication (written & verbal) and influencing skills
• Ability to organize work, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Superior computer skills including knowledge and experience with the following programs: Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, SAP & Oracle
• Experience with prioritizing work, willing to work under pressure and some overtime to meet tight reporting deadlines
• Proven excellent oral and written communication skills
Previous Energy industry experience strongly preferred
What’s NICE to Have?
• Experience and knowledge of Power BI and BPC
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Industry or regulated environment experience
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance
Organization: Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Division: Enforcement Branch City: Chatham, Vineland Job Term: 2 Permanent Job Code: 41106 - Resource Tech 4-Conserv Officer Salary: $34.89...