Kelly is looking for a Aboriginal/Indigenous Relations Manager for a 6-months contract opportunity with one of our major Oil and Gas Clients with a possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, this position is responsible for implementing and supporting various contracting strategies to engage Indigenous and local communities in pipeline implementation phase. The work associated with this position is located in Northern BC. The successful candidate will be expected to divide their time between various local Indigenous communities and work sites depending on the Project’s requirements. Significant travel to Indigenous and local communities and the worksites is required.
To be successful in this role, you must be adaptable, responsible and a team player. Our team is looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast-pace environment. In addition to being well organized, you possess strong business judgement and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
Responsibilities and Job duties:
- Support strategies to involve Indigenous and local communities in Northern BC
- Preparation of briefing notes for executive level leaders and regulators
- Function as the single point of contact for on-site issues related to commitments made under the Projects Indigenous and Local Contracting & Employment program; additional activities will include participation in, and support of, issues related to the Project’s engagement with Indigenous communities
- Monitor, review and support the subcontracting efforts of the Prime contractors with respect to the involvement of Indigenous and local communities. This includes accountability for the resolution of on-site disputes relating to the Project.
- Assist with the development of communication materials for Indigenous and local communities and contractors to support the program
- Other duties as required
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in engineering or related discipline and/or a combination of a minimum of 10 years of industry experience, preferably with 2+ years at the Project Manager or Task Manager level. Ideally this is related to pipeline or other large-scale industry/projects
- Direct experience working with Indigenous communities
- An aptitude for working as a self-starter with minimal direct supervision
- Experience with the successful delivery and implementation of projects in the civil, energy, resource or infrastructure industries using a project management approach
- Highly organized and effective, with proven success engaging and maintaining relationships across multiple functional areas
- This position requires candidates to have and maintain a valid driver's license and provide a driver's abstract for review
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant. - Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitoring Certificates mandatory. - One (1) year recent...
Job Description Summary The Recruitment Coordinator supports the Recruitment Team, and works with STEMCELL’s hiring managers in all aspects of the recruitment process. The incumbent will...
Join a supportive and collaborative team of writers and editors dedicated to building high-quality content for customers who use Splunk software. We are looking for an experienced, innovative...
Job Description Summary The QC Analyst is responsible for testing of finished regulated and non-regulated products, in-process products and raw materials, including all analysis and documentation....
Brandt is currently seeking a Warehouseperson for their Vernon location. This position is responsible for inventory control in a warehouse environment. Duties and responsibilities include, but are...
Job Description Summary The Marketing Operations Analyst is primarily responsible for tracking specific marketing metrics. This will include proactively exploring data to find trends and...
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant. - Current...
Job Description Summary The Recruitment Coordinator supports the Recruitment Team, and works...
Join a supportive and collaborative team of writers and editors dedicated to building...
Job Description Summary The QC Analyst is responsible for testing of finished regulated and...
Brandt is currently seeking a Warehouseperson for their Vernon location. This position is...
Job Description Summary The Marketing Operations Analyst is primarily responsible for tracking...