Requisition ID: 200947
Locations will vary within Canada
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our engineers use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
The variety of structural and civil tasks at Bechtel demands detail-oriented individuals with multifaceted skills, particularly in-depth technical expertise, flexibility, enthusiasm for individual and team tasks, and analytical problem-solving capabilities.
As a structural and civil engineer, you will work in multidisciplinary teams and provide crucial expertise in structural dynamics, seismic analysis, concrete technology, foundation design, steel structure design, and road and railway design.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs.
Typical Activities with the Structural Team:
- Analysis and design of reinforced concrete structures
- Analysis and design of steel structures
- Finite-element analysis for seismic, thermal, and blast events
- Analysis of supporting foundations for vibrating/rotating equipment and equipment isolation
- Foundation design and analysis
Typical Activities with the Civil Team:
- Foundation layout, underground utility, and stormwater drainage system design
- Railway alignment and roadway design
- Site preparation
- Finish grading and paving
- Ponds and reservoirs
General Areas of Expertise
Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineers have many career path options at Bechtel. Please be sure to indicate any other area(s) of interest on the Candidate Profile page.
- Field/Construction: Facilitating build process on-site by modifying engineering documents to support a successful construction operation
- Project Estimating, Scheduling & Cost Control: Estimating costs of projects and developing project schedules by providing an objective view of project performance
- Quality Assurance: Reviewing our work to ensure it meets or exceeds Bechtel’s quality standards and our customers’ quality expectations
- Startup & Facility Operations: Testing, calibrating and verifying mechanical and electrical equipment and systems on a project site to have it ready for “turn on,” with an operating manual
- Tanks: Whether it's ambient, low temperature or cryogenic storage tanks or pressure vessels, there are a broad range of products and services needed for Bechtel engineering and construction projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university within twelve (12) months of graduation date.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design, systems, calculations, along with application of engineering methods and construction methods & materials
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in Canada without sponsorship, now or in the future
- Master of Science degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Graduate Instrumentation Engineer - EDM00M9 Company: WorleyParsons Primary Location : CAN-AB-Edmonton Job : Instrumentation and Controls Schedule : Full-time Employment Type: Staff Job...
Engineering Program Manager, Yellowhead Trail Project Job Number : 31719 How many people can say they are part of a project that impacts 100,000 people on a daily basis? Take a listen to this...
Engineering Project Manager, Transportation Planning & Design Job Number : 31124 The City of Edmonton, recognized as one of Alberta's Top Employers continues to attract and retain employees who...
Engineering Work Experience Student (Infrastructure Planning and Design) 8 months Job Number : 31463 Listen to Vivienne, Engineering Work Experience Student, as she talks about her experience...
Engineering Work Experience Student (Infrastructure Delivery) 4 or 8 months Job Number : 31465 Listen to Vivienne, Engineering Work Experience Student, as she talks about her experience during...
Mechanical Engineer II up to 18 months Job Number : 31520 Do you have the desire to work on some of the City of Edmonton’s high profile projects? Are you a Mechanical Engineer with proven...
Graduate Instrumentation Engineer - EDM00M9 Company: WorleyParsons Primary...
Engineering Program Manager, Yellowhead Trail Project Job Number : 31719 How many people can say...
Engineering Project Manager, Transportation Planning & Design Job Number : 31124 The City of...
Engineering Work Experience Student (Infrastructure Planning and Design) 8 months Job...
Engineering Work Experience Student (Infrastructure Delivery) 4 or 8 months Job...
Mechanical Engineer II up to 18 months Job Number : 31520 Do you have the desire to work on...