11 days ago | Agribusiness - Input Retail, Cooperative and Related Crop Services - Medical/Health/Safety
New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish & Heimbecker is an exciting place to develop and grow a career in agriculture and agricultural processing that supports Canadian producers of poultry and livestock as well as producers who grow and sell their crops to global markets. A family-owned Canadian company with deep roots in grain trading, flour milling, animal feed production and live animal management, New-Life Mills has been serving the needs of livestock and poultry producers for more than 50 years. P&H has invested and matured in the agricultural landscape over 100 years. With more than 60 locations coast to coast, P&H offers you a unique opportunity to make your mark in a growth-oriented company with a variety of business segments.
Our success comes from a well-established network of assets, ongoing infrastructure development and the strong business relationships we nurture with farmers and suppliers. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com or www.newlifemills.com.
Corporate Compliance Officer
If you are looking for a challenging new career, New-Life Mills (the Feed Division of Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited) is accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of Corporate Compliance Officer. New-Life Mills is a Canadian owned manufacturer of livestock and poultry nutrition from our 5 production facilities in Ontario and Saskatchewan.
The Corporate Compliance Officer is charged with ensuring that the Company is operating its business in full compliance with all provincial and federal standards as applies to Health & Safety and Environmental regulatory standards. They will be responsible for conveying a consistent and positive message regarding Health & Safety with a focus on maintaining, updating and implementing policies as needed. You will also be responsible for updating and implementing the Emergency Disease Response Plan for the Company. The Corporate Compliance Officer is proactive, practical, has a high level of attention to detail and works well both independently and in a cooperative team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Establish Health & Safety program framework which meets / exceeds regulatory compliance and due diligence requirements and drives a safety culture within New-Life Mills.
- Annual audit of Health & Safety program (internal / external 3rd party).
- Administration of Health & Safety Training Program – identify qualified resources, establish schedule, ensure enrollment, completion.
- Application / maintenance of all required regulatory compliance certificates (air / noise / dust, water, toxic reduction, NPRI, etcetera).
- Establish and maintain organizational Emergency Disease Response Plan. Act as the NLM lead during disease outbreaks.
- NLM lead on WSIB account management and return to work case management.
- Assist the Payroll / HR functions with Short Term Disability claim management and return to work issues as needed.
- Insurance Claim Management (Property, Automotive, Crime, etc). Accident & incident investigation and reporting.
- University degree / College diploma in a relevant field or equivalent employment experience. Preference given to candidates possessing the Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation.
- Previous experience (2 years) in the Health & Safety / Environmental Compliance fields.
- Strong analytical skills with a desire to learn.
- In-depth understanding of and a strong interest in the agriculture industry.
- Can work independently and in a team environment.
- Bi-lingual (French / English) an asset.
- Effective time-management skills with ability to meet deadlines, and achieve targets in a team environment.
- Passion, personal alignment, and commitment to the mission of New-Life Mills.
- Good financial and business awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of software products.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate applicable ethics and due diligence.
- Manage time effectively.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Effective attention to detail.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour.
To apply, please visit our career website: by clicking "APPLY TO THIS POSITION", providing cover letter and resume.
New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, New-Life Mills is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from men, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Job description XTO Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation is looking for a summer student term instrumentation technician to fill a position within the maintenance department at...
Job description XTO Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation is looking for summer student term plant operators to fill positions within the Plant Operations department at Kaybob...
This position will work under the JustFood product. JustFood is a purpose-built software created to address the unique challenges of organizations in food manufacturing and distribution. Over the...
Driver - PartSource - Ottawa 735 - C04R8C PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty stores that offer brand-name auto parts to the medium to heavy ‘do-it-yourselfers,’ automotive...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa MaxSys has a client who looking for multiple Warehouse Workers/General Labourers to join their team. Responsibilities: Order picking, packing, wrapping, labeling,...
Requisition Number: 25964 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative to focus on new business-to-business account development in our Uniform Division. Responsibilities include...
Job description XTO Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation is looking for a summer...
Job description XTO Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation is looking for summer...
This position will work under the JustFood product. JustFood is a purpose-built software created...
Driver - PartSource - Ottawa 735 - C04R8C PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa MaxSys has a client who looking for multiple Warehouse...
Requisition Number: 25964 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative to focus on...