ROI Event Management is an event management company which specializes in professional agricultural tradeshows. We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our company for a 9-month contract with intention to hire full time, dependant on performance review April 30 2019.
Job Title: Programming and Exhibitor Coordinator Status: full time, contract employment *intention to hire full time, post April 30 2019 review
Start date: immediately End date: May 1 2019. Possible extension after performance review.
Health/Dental Benefits: No. Benefits are offered upon performance review May 1 2019, should contract be extended; upon management discretion
Professional development: Compensation provided, upon management approval
Rate of pay: Salary based on personality, abilities and experience
Office structure: Business-casual dress pants or dark jeans, company apparel for committee meetings
Social events: Team Christmas party and post show celebration/wrap-up meeting
Required Qualifications - this position is for a highly motivated and dynamic individual looking to join our team!
- strong leadership qualities
- positive and energetic
- attention to detail
- ability to multitask, extremely organized
- ability to work under tight deadlines
- knowledge / experience of sage 50 accounting system an asset
- exceptional computer knowledge
- exceptional and above average knowledge of social media channels
- knowledge of computer software, databases, website back end
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- knowledge of poultry industry and or dairy industry is preferred but not mandatory
- knowledge of tradeshows is an asset but not mandatory
Duties and responsibilities:
This position has 3 main pillars of responsibility:
- Team Leader (staff and volunteers) both at our head office and during tradeshow(s)
- Exhibitor and programming coordination
- Office management
Team Leader (staff and volunteers) both at our head office and during tradeshow(s)
- manage staffing /contract employee requirements
- interview and train new hires
- manage and grow all volunteers and community outreach program(s) at tradeshow(s)
- coordinate staff meetings, steering committee meetings, extracurricular functions as required
- chair steering committee meetings, prepare presentations, take minutes
- attend business after 5 events, chamber events etc when required
Exhibitor and programming coordination
- coordination and management of all exhibiting companies (exhibitor placement, payments, updating layouts etc)
- assist with coordination and sales of all exhibiting companies/sponsors (where applicable)
- develop educational component of tradeshows (book speakers, coordinate with sponsors, work directly with classroom coordinator, build presentations etc)
- execute all duties as required for planning, coordination and management of tradeshows
- manage general office admin duties as required
- investigate and implement cost control measures wherever applicable
- assist with payables, receivables, payroll, bookkeeping, health benefits and insurance policies (as required with bookkeeper)
- work directly with bookkeeping specialist and or accountant for monthly, quarterly and annual financial obligations
- update database/ data entry, do excel reports as required, on daily basis
- coordinate all staff meetings, steering committee meetings, extracurricular functions as required
- assist in improving operational systems and business processes
- contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy
- manage social media strategies
- manage and execute monthly e-newsletters
- manage website back end
- assist with sales of show program and new exhibitor/demos when required
- report to owners and serve as a member of the management team
- chair staff meetings, create presentations as required; coordinate all skype calls
- coordinate assist with launch of major tradeshow(s) and major/special projects as required, where required
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with significant expertise in a software B2B environment to join our Product Management team. This role...
Professional Consulting - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Evaluation Specialist, Junior for our Federal Client. Qualifications: Education: Secondary school diploma is...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster...
Professional Consulting - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Advanced Auditor for our Federal Client. Qualifications: Experience: 1. The proposed resource must have a minimum of five years...
Created in 1979, Action Against Hunger is a non-governmental organisation that aims to provide solutions to hunger. Our mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention,...
Description Job ID: 262847 Risk Manager Amsterdam, New York Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Risk Manager Location: MOSTL Virtual - MO Department: Risk Management East...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with...
Professional Consulting - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Evaluation Specialist,...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us...
Professional Consulting - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Advanced Auditor for our...
Created in 1979, Action Against Hunger is a non-governmental organisation that aims to provide...
Description Job ID: 262847 Risk Manager Amsterdam, New York Regular / Day Additional Job...